Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Feeling Crafty

Last weekend, my sister and I decided it was time to get a little creative with some baby gear. We hit up the fabric shop and walked away with some cute prints to make burp cloths and bibs with. Our final products....



On Monday, I had the day off of work (thank you President's Day) and I decided it was time I tried out my idea of simple embroidery on a couple of those plain onsies that Penny got me for Christmas. For my first attempts ever at embroidery, I say I did pretty good. I'm looking for some more patterns to try out now.

The first one was a design copied from the internet. Just a simple tree with leaves.


The second was a completely original design made by yours truly inspired by my darling husband's nerdyness. He was very impressed with me to say the least.


We also picked up a dresser at a local thrift store to refub into a changing table/dresser combo. It's a little rough around the edges, but I every confidence in my mad refinishing skills. I think we might get started on that project this afternoon. I definitely post some before and after pictures when we are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts?