Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

And so it begins....

James is out right now picking up step one of Project Nursery…the paint!

We will be converting our current guestroom into the nursery. It’s bittersweet for me because the guestroom was my favorite room in the house. It was all put together, always clean, the bed was always made, and it just made me happy. But I can only imagine how happy I will be when we finish getting the room transformed into our little girl’s nursery.

Here is the room in all of its guestroom glory.


We moved the daybed out last weekend into the office. The office will be converted into a guestroom/office at some point in the (hopefully) not too distant future.

Here is the room all stripped down now and ready for James to get back with the paint.



The color we went with is Benjamin Moore's Barren Plain and we got it color matched to Olympic's No VOC paint. Their no VOC line is great and safe for me to be able to help out with the painting adventure. Plus, it won't off gas later, which was really important for me since it will be in the Beanette's room. The color is a soft gray that will really help all the coral colors pop.


Other nursery news is that our landlord has agreed to install laminate wood flooring in all the carpeted areas in the house. He let me pick the color, and we are going to go with a dark oak. Something kinda like this:


It should be getting installing the first part of June. Hooray!!

James is back and painting is about to commence. I better get my painting outfit on, which doesn't really fit now since it was my pre-pregnancy painting outfit. Good thing this is going down in the privacy of my own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts?