Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ellie is Here!

She finally came! Elaina Beth was born on August 2nd at 2:06 in the afternoon. She surprised everyone and weighed a whopping 9 lbs even and is a long 21 inches. James and I couldn't be happier to finally get to hold her.


We were able to have our natural birth at the birth center as we had planned. It was a really long labor, 33 hours, but totally worth the end result.


Despite what I may have said during labor, I am really glad we went the natural route. We were able to do things the way we wanted and my midwife and birth assistant were incredible and so encouraging. Best thing was that we had Ellie at 2 pm and were home in our own bed by 6. Being able to rest and recover in the comfort of your own home is so nice.

Ellie and me about 5 minutes after walking in the door.

We are now on day 4 of life with a baby, and things are going pretty well. James and I are getting fair amounts a sleep and Ellie, so far, has been a pretty easy going baby (knock on wood). We love holding her and cuddling her, and she loves it too. Nothing soothes her as much as cuddling up with mommy or daddy. We are overjoyed to have her and can't wait to share her with you guys as she grows.

And now, because I know its what you really want, more baby pictures.



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on baby Ellie!

    And I know you are busy, but hopefully you will post your how-to on your mobile. Love it and would love to try and replicate it for our baby girl due in NovembeR!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts?